Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Job

One desk after another. One kitchen after another. Thats my life for the last four and a half years. The desk, for my laptop, and the kitchen, for refreshments (mostly water) and gossip. I have been doing the rounds of offices, meeting rooms, conference calls, across cities and continents, as a traveling consultant, that I feel, I have simply lost the sense of space and belonging. I meet new clients, make new friends, setup teams, brainstorm, 'solutionize', execute projects, try to remain politically astute without getting political, and among other things get the job done. I then pack my bags, and head on to my next desk. I wonder when will this stop. Or do I even want it to. I dont know.

Am I happy? Am I sad? Am I petrified? Am I jubiliant? Am I beat? Am I lost? Am I sane?

Am I ..........................

1 comment:

Holalkere rangarao laxmivenkatesh said...

yOU ARE A SEEKER, AND PRABABLY YOU HAVE EARNED SUFFICIENT WORLDLY WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE, WHICH HAS ENRICHED YOUR LIFE ; THE DECISIONS YOU TOOK, THE ACTIONS YOU PERFORMED, AND THE SUCCESS YOU MEASURED IN TERMS OF HAVING GOOD WILL OF YOUR HIGHER OFFICIALS, AND AS WELL AS YOUR CO-WORKERS INDICATE, WHATEVER YOU DID SO FAR, WAS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED FOR A TODDLER, AND THE NEXT IS SETTLE DOWN IN LIFE-MARRIAGE, CHILDREN, AND FAMILY CARE AND ALL THAT HAS TO BE THOUGHT OF NOW !