Saturday, January 12, 2008

And a place called Deerfield

I spent the weekend, going to the Venice and Santa Monica beaches, back in California. How busy were these spots? Folks, surfing, running, working out, cycling, etc and having a ball! I took a roller coaster ride, which on couple of turns, gives a breathtaking view of the ocean. I also took a free basketball throw challenge at the fun & games area. Three shots for 5 $ ! I got all three, and won three basketballs. I chose a Tar Heels ball and a Cal Ball. Tar Heels, of course the number one college basketball team and a favorite! I didnt take the third one. My hands were full.

And how about life in Deerfield? Although I have been there only for a week, I am wondering what outdoor activities, I could take up. Skiing? Hockey? Of course, only if I find time after soon to increase office hours! How can people live in these temperatures? A concept so alien to me! But again, I consider myself as an explorer, and I am sure, the field of deers, would ignite some local passion in me.

I hope I can write more on the local life in this town. Soon.

No comments: